DeSoto Middle School reopened for students on Monday, after almost two weeks of closure due to a spill of liquid mercury. One student had brought mercury from home — where he found it together with an old scale — and took it to the middle school.
Some of the mercury spilled in the school, resulting in concerns about exposure of students to mercury which, in some forms, can be highly toxic to humans. Parents of the student’s classmates were also concerned about their children’s exposure.
You are currently not logged in
By logging in you can see the full story.