Last week’s Polk County Sheriff’s Office “Operation Repeat Offender” sweep which resulted in more than 100 arrests including the serving of search warrants at three Frostproof locations.
According to the sheriff’s office, warrants were served at both 9 and 10 Lantana Road as well as 55 Monroe St., which led to a number of the arrests.
According to reports, detectives located approximately 59 grams of methamphetamines, 45.1 grams hydrocodone, 23 grams of cannabis, and two oxycodone pills at 10 Lantana Road. Also located was $2,182 and a 2007 Lincoln MKZ that were determined to be related to the sale of narcotics at this residence, police indicated. Both the currency and vehicle were seized.
Detectives also conducted a search at 9 Lantana Road, Frostproof, arresting several individuals from that location. While both of these search warrants were being executed, detectives said they received information that Jackson “Hank” Sloan, 55 Monroe St., Frostproof, was providing the occupants of both 9 and 10 Lantana Road with methamphetamines to sell and use.
Detectives observed Sloan driving from his residence and conducted a traffic stop. When they attempted to stop him, Sloan fled on foot, a PCSO spokesperson indicated.
He was apprehended by detectives, but while being placed into custody, Sloan allegedly struck one of the detectives in the head with his elbow followed by multiple attempts to punch the detective in the face with a closed fist, according to a PCSO report. Detectives found approximately one ounce of methamphetamines in Sloan’s possession.
Detectives obtained a search warrant for Sloan’s residence where approximately one-half pound of cannabis and $10,056 was located and seized for forfeiture.
Those charged include:
• Christopher Boatwright, 43, 57 Marshall Lane, charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, keeping a shop or vehicle for drugs, possession of methamphetamines, sale of methamphetamines and possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell.
• Richard Bradford, 58, of 453 Hopson Road, charged with possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of methamphetamines with intent to sell.
• Andrew Davis, 61, 9 Lantana Road, charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, keeping a shop for drug possession, possession of methamphetamines and possession of ammunition by convicted felon.
• Genevieve Fair, 43, 10 Lantana Road, charged with possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of meth with intent to sell.
• Toddrick Gaines, 20, 75 Garrison Lane, charged with possession of methamphetamines and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• David Gaines, Jr., 40, 6 Garvey Lane, charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of meth with intent to sell, possession of cannabis over 20 grams, trafficking hydromorphone, trafficking meth, possession of oxycodone, possession of cannabis with intent to sell, violation of probation (failure to register as a sex offender), trafficking hydromorphone, and trafficking methamphetamines.
• William Miller, 57, 253 Chesney Blvd., charged with possession of meth and drug paraphernalia.
• Jackee Sloan, 24, 55 Monroe St., charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, possession of cannabis over 20 grams, possession of cannabis with intent to sell.
• Jackson Sloan, 46, 55 Monroe St., charged with trafficking meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, own, rent structure or vehicle to traffic drugs, battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence.
• Phillip Sutton, 42, 9 Lantana Road, charged with possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia.
According to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office website, bond for Jackson Sloan was set at a total of $23,000 on all his charges. He was booked on April 29 and released on bond May 1.