• Today (Wednesday) – Florida Wildlife Corridor Art Exhibit at the Museum of Florida Art and Culture on the campus of South Florida State College’s in Avon Park. The exhibit highlights the journey of four explorers who traveled from Everglades to Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia in 100 days. For information call 863-784-7240.
• Friday – Fundraiser for Humane Society & Shelter of Highlands County at Los Vinos Wine Shop, 412 W. Interlake Blvd. in Lake Placid at 6 p.m. The $20 ticket includes one glass of wine, hors d’oeuvres and participation in an auction. Please bring a can or bag of dog or cat food for entry in a prize drawing. For tickets and more information call 863-465-0019.
• Saturday – Inaugural Bowling with the Special STARS Cosmic 9 Pin No Tap Tournament presented by the Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce at Coz’s Sports Bar & Bowl in Lake Placid at 4:30 p.m. Registration starts at 3:30 p.m. There will be door prizes, food, drinks, music and more. Cost is $25 per person or $100 per four-person team. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Special Stars of Highlands County. For more details, call the Chamber at 863-465-4331.
• Saturday – Saturday Morning Market in Stuart Park from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Produce, plants, pottery, food items, arts and crafts available. Breakfast and lunch items – eat in the park or take home. Entertainment provided while you shop. Call 863-465-4331 to become a vendor.
• Sunday – Young Artists String Orchestra, directed by Diane Osborne, at First Presbyterian Church, 117 Oak Ave., Lake Placid. Concerts begin at 4 p.m. with sweets served at 3:15 p.m. in the Prayer Garden. For more information call 863-465-2742.
• Nov. 14 – Greater Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce monthly membership luncheon at Lake Placid Camp & Conference Center. The meeting begins at noon. The luncheons are for Chamber members only. Call 863-465-4331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make reservations. The luncheon sponsor is Lake Placid Camp & Conference Center and artist Keith Goodson will do a “live” painting.
• Nov.16 – “Music in the Park” presented by the Friends of Highlands Hammock State Park at Sebring. “GrooVus” will provide music from 7 to 9 p.m. Concert admission is $5 with accompanied childred 12 and under free. Bring blankets, chairs, and flashlights. For more details call 863-386-6094.
• Nov. 21 – Grandparents Raising Grandchild meeting at Lake Placid Memorial Library on West Interlake Blvd. in Lake Placid. Learn about benefits, legal rights and more. For information call Sandy at the Florida Department of Elder Affairs at 863-441-2338.
• Nov. 23 – Sweet Adelines’ Fashions on Parade Style Show & Luncheon presented by the Heart of Highlands Show Chorus-Sweet Adelines International. The fun starts at noon at Lake Placid Elks Lodge, 200 County Road 621 East. Tickets are $25 and can be reserved by phoning 863-699-1288 or 863-414-4914.
• Lake Placid Historical Society Depot Museum is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 12 Park St., Lake Placid. Call 863-465-1771 for details. (Museum is closed June, July, August and September).
• American Clown Museum & School is open Wednesdays through Fridays from noon to 3 p.m. at 109 Interlake Blvd., Lake Placid. For information call 863-465-2920.
• Car Show at Kentucky Fried Chicken in Lake Placid at 5 p.m. every Tuesday.
• Bingo every Thursday at 6 p.m. at Lake Placid Elks Lodge 2661 on C.R. 621 East. Open to the public. Call 863-465-2661 for information.
• Fireman’s Flea Market every Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Highlands County Fairgrounds. Call 863-382-2255 for details.
• Lunch and card games at Lake Placid Elks Lodge the third Wednesday of each month. Open to the public. Bring a group of four and enjoy an afternoon of card games. Cost is $6 per person. Call 863-465-2661.
• Lake Country Cruisers Car Show meetings from 5 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot near Platter’s restaurant in Lake Placid on the second Friday of each month.
• Third Thursday of every month — “Business Networking” — Network with other business owners in the community. At Seacoast National Bank, 199 U.S. 27 N., Lake Placid, from 8 to 9 a.m. Bring your business card for a door prize drawing. RSVP to Wendy Larson at 863-465-4834 or email Wendy.Larson@SeacoastNational.com.
• Performing Arts at South Florida State College. Various shows are scheduled. Visit http://performances.southflorida.edu or call 863-784-7178 for tickets and more information on upcoming events.
• Highlands Little Theater, 356 West Center Ave., Sebring. Call the box office at 863-382-2525 for current show schedules.
• Florida Flywheelers Village, 7000 Avon Park Cutoff Road, Avon Park. Call 863-453-3350 for schedules.
• Lake Placid Noon Rotary Club meets every Thursday at noon at Beef ‘O’Brady’s restaurant at 110 Plaza Ave., Lake Placid. Call 863-414-3493 for details.
• Tea party meetings — First, second, third and fifth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Homer’s Restaurant in Sebring. On the fourth Tuesday members attend County Commission meeting at 5 p.m. in the Government Center in Sebring. For more information email JLPARZ@embarqmail.com or call 863-699-0743.
• Dec. 7 — 10th annual Wild Game Dinner sponsored by Lake Placid Noon Rotary. For more information call David Smith at 863-214-4987 or visit the Lake Placid Noon Rotary website at www.lpnr.com
• Dec. 14 — Lake Placid Christmas parade at 7 p.m. in uptown Lake Placid. Entry forms are now available at the Greater Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce.
• Dec. 14 — Santa in the Park from 10 a.m. to noon in Stuart Park. Toddler age through 5th-grade children can visit Santa Claus and share their wish list. Each child will receive a gift.
To place your event or meeting in the community calendar contact the Chamber of Commerce in Lake Placid at 863-465-4331, Sebring at 863-385-8448 or Avon Park at 863-453-3350.