Now through June 27 –– Lake Placid Business Caladium Decorating Contest entry time frame. Complement or frame your storefronts this summer with striking caladiums to “wow” visitors to our town for this year’s Caladium Festival. Entry information and caladium bulb order forms are available in the Chamber office lobby. Judging will take place Friday, July 18.
June 19 –– Tri-Chamber After Hours Mixer, presented by B & B Theatres from 5-7 p.m. Come see new theater seats and have refreshments and win movie tickets. The theater is at 3750 U.S. 27 N., Sebring. Phone 863-385-8448 to confirm attendance.
June 21 –– Lake Placid Jaycees Fireworks Fundraising Barbecue. Meals of chicken, baked beans, cole slaw and a roll will be offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Stuart Park. Tickets are $10 and are available at Clarke Pest Control, 309 S. Main Ave,; Happiness Farms, 704 County Road 621 E.; or Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce, 18 N. Oak Ave.
July 4 –– Lake Placid Fireworks from Lake June Ball Fields at 9 p.m. Great viewing areas are at that park, H.L. Bishop Park and anywhere with a clear view of the sky over Lake June-In-Winter.
July 4 –– Red, White & Blues Festival in downtown Sebring. Details can be found at www.RedWhiteBluesFest.com
July 25-26-27 –– Caladium Festival. Come enjoy the festivities, food, caladium bus tours and arts and crafts vendors in Stuart Park and uptown Lake Placid.
July 26 –– Annual Car Show at DeVane Park. Preregistration is $15; day of show is $20. Live music and food. Registration begins at 7 a.m. and closes at 2 p.m. Award winners will be announced at 2 p.m.
July 27 –– 3rd annual Airboat & Swamp Buggy from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at DeVane Park. Free admission. Trophy winners will be announced at 1 p.m.
• Archbold Biological Station, 123 Main Drive, Venus. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors must register at the main office. A short video about the biodiversity and conservation of the Lake Wales Ridge is available for viewing and “Walk-Through Time” self-guided tour that emphasizes plant identification and scrub ecology begins at the south end of the main grounds. For more information call 863-465-2571 or visit www.archbold-station.org.
• Highlands Hammock State Park, 5931 Hammock Road, Sebring. For event information or park tour information, call 863-386-6094 or visit www.FloridaStateParks.org.
• Lake Placid Ballroom Dancers. For membership information or event dates, call Susie Lee at 863-699-0886 or email at email@example.com.
• South Florida State College Lake Placid Center offers exercise and dance classes. For a detailed schedule, call 863-465-3003.
• Lake Placid Historical Society Depot Museum is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 12 Park St., Lake Placid. Call 863-465-1771.
• American Clown Museum & School is open Wednesdays through Fridays from noon to 3 p.m. at 109 Interlake Blvd., Lake Placid. For more information, call 863-465-2920.
• Car Show at Kentucky Fried Chicken in Lake Placid at 5 p.m. every Tuesday.
• Bingo every Thursday at 6 p.m. at Lake Placid Elks Lodge 2661 on C.R. 621 E. Open to the public. Call 863-465-2661 for information.
• Firemen’s Flea Market every Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Highlands County Fairgrounds. Call 863-382-2255 for details.
• Lunch and card games at Lake Placid Elks Lodge the third Wednesday of each month. Open to the public. Bring a group of four and enjoy an afternoon of card games. Cost is $6 per person. Call 863-465-2661.
• Circle Theater of Sebring — For information and events call 863-382-1029 or visit www.circletheaterofsebring.org.
• Lake Country Cruisers Car Show meetings from 5 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot near Platter’s restaurant in Lake Placid on the second Friday of each month.
• Third Thursday of every month — “Business Networking” at Seacoast National Bank, 199 U.S. 27 N., Lake Placid, from 8 to 9 a.m.