Thursday –– Attend a matinee production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre, Fort Myers. For details, call Orange Blossom Tours at 863-451-3040 or 855-628-0855 or go to www.OrangeBlossomTours.com.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday –– The 24th annual Caladium Festival in uptown Lake Placid. Entertainment, food, arts and crafts vendors, lots of caladiums and much, much more. Hosted by the Greater Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with Lake Placid area caladium growers.
Saturday — Annual Caladium Festival Car and Bike Show at DeVane Park. Preregistration is $15; day of show is $20. Live music and food. Registration begins at 7 a.m. and closes at 2 p.m. Award winners will be announced at 2 p.m.
Saturday –– Watch the Tampa Bay Storm play the Cleveland Gladiators, in the last Arena Football game of this season. For details, call Orange Blossom Tours at 863-451-3040 or 855-628-0855 or go to www.OrangeBlossomTours.com.
Sunday — The 3rd annual Caladium Festival Airboat & Swamp Buggy Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at DeVane Park. Free admission. Trophy winners will be announced at 1 p.m.
Sept. 9 –– Take a balcony-to-backstage tour and hear the mighty Wurlitzer organ at the historic Tampa Theater. Then go to the Tampa Museum of Art for the exhibit Poseidon: Myth, Cult, and Daily Life. For details and tickets, call Orange Blossom Tours at 863-451-3040 or 855-628-0855 or visit www.OrangeBlossomTours.com.
Sept. 19 –– See My Generation, Young Chinese Artists, the first U.S. art exhibit by Chinese artists under the age of 36 and the first joint exhibit by the Museum of Fine Arts and the Tampa Museum of Art. For details, call Orange Blossom Tours at 863-451-3040 or 855-628-0855 or go to www.OrangeBlossomTours.com.
Sept. 23 ––Tour the Holy Land Experience, one of Orlando’s most moving and meaningful theme parks, which recreates the Jerusalem of Biblical times. For details, call Orange Blossom Tours at 863-451-3040 or 855-628-0855 or go to www.OrangeBlossomTours.com.
• The Lake Placid Garden Club meets the second Wednesday of each month, September through May at the Lake Placid Woman’s Club building, 10 N. Main Ave., Lake Placid. Social time at 11:30, lunch at noon with garden related program and business meeting following. New members welcome. For information call Alice at 863-699-2981 or Sharon at 863-531-0060.
• Archbold Biological Station, 123 Main Drive, Venus. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors must register at the main office. A short video about the biodiversity and conservation of the Lake Wales Ridge is available for viewing and “Walk-Through Time” self-guided tour that emphasizes plant identification and scrub ecology begins at the south end of the main grounds. For more information call 863-465-2571 or visit www.archbold- station .org.
• Highlands Hammock State Park, 5931 Hammock Road, Sebring. For event information or park tour information, call 863-386-6094 or visit www.FloridaStateParks.org.
• Lake Placid Ballroom Dancers. For membership information or event dates, call Susie Lee at 863-699-0886 or email at email@example.com.
• South Florida State College Lake Placid Center offers exercise and dance classes. For a detailed schedule, call 863-465-3003.
• Lake Placid Historical Society Depot Museum is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 12 Park St., Lake Placid. Call 863-465-1771.
• American Clown Museum & School is open Wednesdays through Fridays from noon to 3 p.m. at 109 Interlake Blvd., Lake Placid. For more information, call 863-465-2920.
• Car Show at Kentucky Fried Chicken in Lake Placid at 5 p.m. every Tuesday.
• Bingo every Thursday at 6 p.m. at Lake Placid Elks Lodge 2661 on C.R. 621 E. Open to the public. Call 863-465-2661 for information.
• Firemen’s Flea Market every Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Highlands County Fairgrounds. Call 863-382-2255 for details.
• Lunch and card games at Lake Placid Elks Lodge the third Wednesday of each month. Open to the public. Bring a group of four and enjoy an afternoon of card games. Cost is $6 per person. Call 863-465-2661.
• Circle Theater of Sebring — For information and events call 863-382-1029 or visit www.circletheaterofsebring.org.
• Lake Country Cruisers Car Show meetings from 5 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot near Platter’s restaurant in Lake Placid on the second Friday of each month.
• Third Thursday of every month — “Business Networking” at Seacoast National Bank, 199 U.S. 27 N., Lake Placid, from 8 to 9 a.m.