Close

Sun Subscriber Website Login






Please wait....
 
News Story
Updated: 08/27/2014 08:00:03AM

Garage fire damages home

Share this story:


SUN PHOTO BY ANNE KLOCKENKEMPER, annek@sun-herald.com
A North Port firefighter sprays water into a fire-damaged home on Peake Street Tuesday morning. The blaze, which began around 10 a.m. in the home's garage, was extinguished about 45 minutes later, but firefighters added extra water on the site as a precaution.

PHOTO PROVIDED BY MICHAEL FRANTZ
North Port firefighter/paramedic Tanya Schultz, right, administers oxygen to a pet rabbit rescued from Tuesday's house fire on Peake Street. Assisting her is firefighter/EMT John Willis. Animal oxygen masks were donated by a North Port citizen and placed on Fire Rescue apparatus a little over a year ago, according to North Port Fire Marshal Michael Frantz.

By ANNE KLOCKENKEMPER

Text Size:


NORTH PORT — No one — human or animal — was injured after a garage fire caused serious damage to a Peake Street home Tuesday morning.

According to North Port Fire Marshal Michael Frantz, the fire at the home in the 2600 block of Peake, near the intersection of Kendall Avenue, was called in at about 10 a.m.

You are currently not logged in
By logging in you can see the full story.

Subscribe to 
							the E-Edition
Get the Sun Delivered


ADVERTISEMENT