The DeSoto Board of County Commissioners unanimously approved placing ozone generators in Fire Station 1 as a temporary solution to remove mold that has contaminated the building.
City Administrator Guy Maxcy informed the board the modular living structure currently used to house firefighters at the station was in a “state of crisis” after a wall had been compromised with water and mold was found growing in the ductwork. He said employees were complaining of respiratory issues and suggested the board adopt an action plan that would include the construction of a new fire station.
You are currently not logged in
By logging in you can see the full story.