Close

Sun Subscriber Website Login






Please wait....
 
News Story
Updated: 11/14/2013 08:00:01AM

County to gut Fire Station 1

Share this story:


By Steve Bauer

Text Size:


After learning the mold found in Fire Station 1’s living module was not airborne or life-threatening, the DeSoto Board of County Commissioners approved a tear-out of the original building.

Facilities Director Richard Metzger said testing done by the module’s builder, Williams Scotsman Inc., had revealed no airborne mold in the unit, and only Type One allergy mold found in the ductwork. After completing the testing, they replaced two walls in the structure that had been damaged by heavy summer rains. Metzger also sent a second company, Quality Air, to conduct an air quality test, and the results were similar to the first. He noted Quality Air did detect black mold in the damaged walls, but since they have already been replaced it was no longer an issue.

You are currently not logged in
By logging in you can see the full story.

Subscribe to 
							the E-Edition
Get the Sun Delivered


ADVERTISEMENT